1. A printed or typed "Bad Check Affidavit” must be completed for each check writer at the time the check is submitted to the office. On multiple checks by one writer, the writer can be listed on one bad check affidavit. The affidavit can either be mailed or hand delivered to the office. If several checks written by the same person are presented to the office at the same time, charges will be filed on only the check of the greatest amount. The check writer's file, however, will include copies of all other checks issued and we will seek restitution for ALL checks on file with this office.
2. Our program will accept checks under the following conditions: NON SUFFICENT FUNDS or CLOSED ACCOUNTS
3. Checks must have been received in Johnson County.
4. Never hold a returned check past six (6) months.
5. Never accept payment of any kind from the bad check writer once checks have been submitted to the program.
6. Keep a log of all checks submitted to the program for your records.